Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

WIRED cancelled?!


Well for the first time I had to cancel youth group!  I was so upset too – it was certainly not an easy decision to make.  The military issues here are getting worse, but maybe better…its hard to tell.  Regardless the Burkina government has put a nationwide curfew at 9:00pm every night until further noticed and the US embassy has put a dusk till dawn curfew.  The CMA follows the US embassy and so the leadership and I decided to cancel youth group. 

I can handle most things pretty well but when something interferes with my purpose and ministry it becomes very difficult for me.  I understand completely and its certainly better to err on the side of caution BUT I still get pretty annoyed. 

When I was in South Africa in 2009 (I think) we had some cultural misunderstanding and drama in the house I was living in.  It had finally built up to a point of explosion – causing me to miss my ministry in one of the townships for the entire day.  I called home so upset (I am sure my mom and dad remember – it was like a $60 phone call!).  It left me questioning my future in ministry overseas.  Of course, I didn’t affect it too terribly much because I am here now but it was still a trying time.

Anyways prayer for peace in Burkina would be much appreciated because I really don’t want to cancel youth group 2 weeks in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment