Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

electricity and water

Yesterday we had a power cut and a water cut!  The water came back on around 10:00 at night - praise Jesus because I needed a shower desperately because of how hot it is!  I am up to taking 2 showers a day.  Its interesting living without things like power and water - it makes me appreciate it so much more when it is on.  So many people live without water and power everyday.  In this country alone the majority have no electricity and have to walk several kilometers for water.  Its hard to even kind of know what thats like until you experience it.  And even the little bit I have experience is nothing compared to what its really like to live life day in and day out without.  All that to say - I am so grateful for what I do have - even though I get so hot and bothered and want to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment