Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My new place, and possible blog titles

I have moved!  I am now officially on my own...Oh Lord Help ME!

Sarah is leaving tomorrow and as of Friday I have been staying at Pete and Alice Brokopp's home.  I only moved a street over and up a little so thats nice - I don't need to learn a new neighborhood or anything.  The house is pretty big for just me but I am already taking it over!  I made one of the bedrooms a TV room and office so far.

The youth group will meet here, my Saturday English class will meet here, and my French lessons are located here as well.  So thats nice.

Trying to figure out things like power converters, the gas stove, and numerous other things is proving to be more confusing than I had hoped but in time I should be able to figure it all out.  Food and cooking should be interesting too.  I don't know if i mentioned the difficulties of cooking from scratch and with different ingredients...it will be interesting!  I feel like my blog could simply be about trying to cook and it would be interesting.

Although now that I think about it, there are a lot of topics this blog could be about that would make it interesting.  Here are some possible titles:
-My First Two Years of Youth Ministry: the Failures and Mess Ups of a 20 Something Youth Leader
-Learning to Cook in Africa: I Should Have Learned to Cook in America...
-Surviving Africa 101: I May Not Survive But If You Read This You Will
-Cultural Misunderstandings - Don't Shake With Your Left Hand

:)

1 comment:

  1. love it. :-) i would read them all. if you need a guest post, just let me know.

    you're gonna do great.

    ReplyDelete