Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moto

Ha!  I had an interesting day on the moto!  This morning I successfully made it to Lorinda's house!  I crossed 2 pretty busy streets safely!  BUT on the way home I ran out of gas.  Thats right...basically the second outing and I had to push the moto home.  Thankfully it happened on my street and my day guard saw me and came running to take it from me.

Anyways, I sent him to go take the moto and fill it up with gas.  An hour later he returns with some strange young man saying, through motions, that there is dirt in my gas tank.  I was so confused I call Judy and she talked to both of them for me (I really need to learn French).  She said that the other guy is a mechanic and he needs to take my moto and fix it.  SO I gave him some money and watched as he drove off on my moto, money in hand.  I said a quick prayer hoping he would return.  Several hours later both him and my day guard come back but the moto is not running quite right.  So through motions again, I gather that he wants to take me back to his shop and fix it. I actually got on the back of my moto and let a stranger drive me to his shop!  Thankfully the shop (which is basically a pile of tires and tools on the side of the road) was only a block away.  I sat in the shade while he fixed it and met another African man who spoke in ENGLISH to me.  I was so excited but sadly it ended with him asking me if I was married and for my number... I just laughed and said see you later.

My moto is running fine now, although I should check and see if gas was ever actually put into it.  I think from it sitting for so long without being used and running it all the way out of gas it just needed some cleaning.  Hopefully that is the end of that.

2 comments:

  1. I literally am laughing to myself outloud thinking of your response to the man asking for your number.....bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That is awesome! You've had some great adventures already! Love reading about it :)

    ReplyDelete