Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bobo

Hey everyone!

I am in Bobo for the week - I came with the Nehlsen family.  The kids are on fall break and invited me for a nice mini-vacation.  I grabbed at this opportunity to see more of Burkina and see the only people that I kinda know in this country - the Oberg family.

We got here on Sunday and it has been amazing.  We are staying at the CMA guesthouse - which is very nice.  It certainly feels like a vacation here - I slept with AC for the first time since I got here, I have had every meal cooked for me AND the internet is pretty fast!  Plus I am using wireless for the first time inside a house - that means no mosquito bites while using facebook! :) haha

Yesterday we went Banfora to see the waterfalls.  The Oberg's, the Schaeffer's, the Nelsen's and I loaded up and drove the hour there.  It was a fun, bumpy ride through sugar cain fields and mud!  We got to the place where the waterfall is and trudged through (I guess) a flooded forest/jungle type area.  We hiked up some rocks and saw the breathtaking waterfall!  I will certainly post pictures...hopefully soon!  It was a great day.  Everything was too flooded to actually go swimming but in an area that was overflowing a bit we sat on "mini" waterfalls and cooled down.  Overall it was such a great day!

I will be here in Bobo until Friday.  We have more swimming on the schedule, as well as a dinner planned with all the adult CMA missionaries, and some touring of the booming village of Bobo!  Overall I am already glad I am here and looking forward to the rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. If they are the same Oberg's... I was at Simpson with Keith & Bonnie. Say "hi" from me!

    ReplyDelete