Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

English Class

I just finished teaching my very first English class!  I had 12 students, all at a fairly high English speaking level - which is good because I am unable to help them in French.  The class could be as large as 16 students but I am thankful that they did not all show up today.

I can already tell that I am really going to enjoy teaching English.  Its fun having an interaction with locals because most of my ministry is with foreigners.  I love it!

Class went pretty well - it is hard teaching English though!  We went over health issues today - it was ridiculous!  Two of the sentences I had to read were: "I've been feeling so tired lately, and I have to go to the bathroom a lot" and "My stomach has been hurting me terribly for the last 12 hours, I have been vomiting and I have awful diarrhea too.  Do I have the flu?"  I certainly heard some laughter...  It was also interesting trying to describe words.  I mean...how do you describe tingle? It was hard!

Overall though - I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to teaching this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment