Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tonight

Well since I have internet I may as well keep you updated :)

This evening WIRED went very well!  This year we have Llama team challenges - the llama leaders (student leaders) have small groups called llama groups and so in continuing the theme of llamas the Llama team challenges developed.  Basically Kari leads games and the small groups compete for some unknown or undiscussed prize or glory at the end of the year!  We had a fun night of charades (how to you act out grace?).

After singing/worship I spoke on kindness - We are going through a series on the fruit of the Spirit.  I shared a story about how a man helped me change my tire on my birthday, in the rain, in Seattle, on my way to pick up Hannah K from the airport.  Then we talked about how Jesus shows kindness and tenderness when he healed individuals by looking at them, seeing them, and touching them.  I have been continuing with the idea that when we remember what God has done in our lives, spend time in the word and just get to know God that we cannot help but be changed - and that is the Holy Spirit working in us.  So in motivating people to be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, and now kind, I am saying "please get to know the God of the universe and let him work in your lives to bring about those things."

After the talk we prayed for three of our students who will be heading back to the States next week.  Its hard to see people go but I am getting the sense that it happens a lot.

Small groups ended our night - I have not heard how they all went.  I had the guys discuss how they can be tender - it will be interesting to hear what they came up with :) I encouraged them to look at Jesus - he is a kind and tender man/God after all!

Everyone hung around for quite awhile after youth group got out and now its odd that its so quiet.  When it ends every week and everyone goes home its a hard adjustment to go from LOUD to stillness.  But its nice both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment