Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


As I was sitting at a table celebrating Thanksgiving with 20 people that I didn’t know just 3 months ago I couldn’t help but think about how strange this year has been.  Last year I had no idea I would not be with my family for Thanksgiving this year.  In fact we were making plans for what we would be doing for Christmas next year.  There was talk about doing something different – like Hawaii or Europe!  Of course that was me mostly talking; really I love my family so much and I would be totally and completely happy spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and my cousins.  Which is why this year is so strange.  But yesterday looking at these people at the table I couldn’t help but be so grateful.  God is so good!  He has brought me to a place with people I truly love – already.  Somehow God has changed my heart to be content and okay with this new change.   But it’s more than that too.  I really love it here.  Which is so weird!  So again, God is so good. 

When I was thinking about what I am thankful for this year I couldn’t stop – I am thankful for everything!  I really love my job.  I really love that I get to spend time with the teenagers here and make deep real relationships.  I really love that God is working through me – and there is no denying that because I couldn’t do this without him.  So when thinking about what I was thankful for this year, there was one that stuck out extra.  I am thankful for you who helped me to get here.  So many of you are praying for me and so many of you have sacrificed money so that I can live here.  Thank you so much.  I cannot say it enough – thank you for supporting me and loving me so much.  Your sacrifice means the world to me.  I am so blessed!  God is so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment