Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Night at the LOC

Last weekend I stayed out at the LOC.  My totally, completely, legit, co-workers with Envision - the Feilds - let me come out and stay with them for the night.  (I have a ton of co-workers with the CMA but the only other Envision missionaries with me are the Feilds.)  They live at a church plant, Christian school and Compassion site and they happened to have a short term team visiting from the States.  They have 5 kids and only one is in my youth group - he is a 6th grader.  The rest of the kids are in elementary school or not at all.  They are an awesome family and have helped me a TON in adjusting and living here.  


Because a short term team was visiting, the Feilds had some guys come who knew how to play the jimbay.  They gave us a little concert and taught some of the team how to play.  We also had an authentic African meal and we learned how to dance.  


No comments:

Post a Comment