Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Snow Day


So just an update on life the last few days:

Things here have been steadily getting worse as it pertains to the electricity issues.  The power has gone out several times this week.  Yesterday the power was off all day – it came on JUST in time for youth group at 7:00 and then went off again at 1:00 a.m.  It was off all day today until 3:00 this afternoon.  Not fun. 

The military is having a hay day.  Last night they did some shooting into the air and today I woke up to school canceled.  The Wolters told me to come over to their house this morning and this afternoon I have been at the Nehlsen’s.  The US embassy has put a curfew on and suggested everyone to stay in their homes.  I am going to stay the night here so that I don’t have to spend the night all by myself.  So today has been a “snow day” of sorts.  I watched some movies, played some games, and stayed inside. 

We were supposed to have a youth group event tonight – a make our own pizza and watch a movie but that had to be cancelled.  I am hoping that things settle down tomorrow so that I can do something fun like go swimming or at least leave the house. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Han! That's rough! Praying for you!! Don't be discouraged my friend!

    ReplyDelete