Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

hello from Leo (pronounced lay-O)


Well I braved the streets after staying in doors for 3 days and fled town!  Well to be a little less dramatic for you who may get freaked out: ISO is on spring break so I left Ouaga to Leo for the week.  The Lyons family lives here and invited me – so I of course jumped at the opportunity to take a break away from the city.  It will be a week of hanging out, listening to music (most of them play some sort of instrument and some of the boys are in a band and will be practicing all week), hopefully going swimming, and just catching up on things I need to do.  Leo is more in the “bush” and so it should be a fairly peaceful week. 

Things died down a bit in Ouaga but the US embassy has still suggested that no one leaves their homes.  After a rough night on Friday night and some commotion on Saturday things have seemed to calm down though.  In the lull of a Monday morning we leapt at the chance to leave. 

Driving around for the first time in a few days was almost normal.  People are out and about, going to the market, getting groceries and gas.  The gas lines were REALLY long though because they were closed for several days. 

I am now in Leo and have gotten one phone call and one email telling me to just hold tight in my house so I am glad I escaped this morning before that J Thanks for all your prayers the last few days, please keep praying!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you in Leo safely! Have a good week. We love you! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you get a little break, and outside of a house! :)

    praying that things are back to normal when you get home. enjoy your vaca.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete