Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Oops!

Just realized I forgot about my blog...haha I am so sorry!  I wanna say it will NEVER happen again - but it probably will.  I can say I HOPE it doesnt happen again.  So much has happened and I am not going to be able to update you on it all at once - besides, you wont want to read all that anyways!  And while we are on the topic - is anyone actually reading this anyways?  Just wondering... :)

So the rest of the Christmas holiday time was simply amazing!  It was hard not being at home - I sure missed my family.  But Cassie gently reminded me that the good news is that Christmas is about celebrating Jesus' birth and I can do that no matter where I am.  Thanks Cass :)

So I am now back on a "normal" schedule and enjoying it!  Its nice to be back learning French.  Its nice to have youth group going again - Oh how I missed those kids!  And its nice to know what I am doing everyday.  Although today I had an unexpected accident - while moving my moto I tried to take my toenail off with the kickstand.  Unfortunately, I am still in a ton of pain, on my way to an infection, and not sure what to do if my big toe nail does end up falling off....HELP!  I did get some good advice from Lorinda and I talked to my mom on the phone and she had me take some ibuprofen and wash it out with peroxide - by the end of the conversation the throbbing had subsided.  (It almost felt like she was here - although if she was here she prolly would have looked at it and said "Your fine" - its kinda a Dyk family thing...haha - love you mom!)

So also I wanna let you know that I am so excited for this year.  I feel like God is going to do some amazing things.  My heart feels huge and I usually have a smile on my face because of it!  I dont know what it is but I know God is going to work here - if not in the whole youth group at least in my heart!

Ill try to update you in the next few days with some other details - like the New Years trip and my Christmas in Africa.  If thats okay?!  (Again, just trying to get some feedback to see if anyone is reading).

4 comments:

  1. I check it almost everyday! It's become a routine :) miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, I lock for it at this 4-5 times a week. I think your toes will be fine(haha). Keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right! You will be just fine, especially with Lorinda and Amy's help!
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check your blog at least a few time each week and love the stories of your adventure/life :)

    ReplyDelete