Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Crazy Beautiful

The past week has been a crazy beautiful one.  The strategic field review, or SFR, is in session, creating a bit of excitement in the CMA realm.  This field review looks at the work that has been happening in Burkina Faso.  This is really a good thing because its important to see what God has been doing here and to see if we are moving in the direction that was intended or if we, at some point, have gotten off track.  With me being so new - my role is simply observation.  I am thankful for that because I am excluded from the intense interviews and deep questions!  But the meetings, meals, and the opportunities to meet some CMA bigwigs have added to my schedule.  So, again, the past week has been a crazy beautiful one.

On top of the SFR, I also planned a youth event and a surprise Birthday party.  That, along with youth group, meeting Pete (the person who hired me), and babysitting the Feild kids - I am dead, and its only Monday.

The youth group had a great time playing a new game on Friday - Quick Sand (Matt made it up) and after that everyone snuck over to my house to surprise Kari Nehlsen for a Birthday Party.  It was fun just hanging out with all those youth.  We sat around in my house and played Catch Phrase - I laughed so hard and I got a bit competitive.  I use to not be so competitive: I blame Kandice and Mandy for bringing out this intense side in me.

Saturday was my last official English class for level 4B English.  They were not ready for it to end - and I know they are not ready for the final exam this next Saturday.  It will be interesting to see if any of them actually pass.  Since Thanksgiving I have had very few students coming because of holidays, finals, and traveling.  So many of them missed class that they didnt realize that the end was near!  I am sad its coming to the end as well - I just now feel like I am starting to get to know a few of them.  But I am sure I can continue on with them while I am here.

Sunday I ventured out of the CMA and went to church with the Shafto's.  They are here with the IMB.  It was a great experience going to another church here in Ouaga.  It was different to the CMA ones but still very much reaching people for Christ!  I love that I get to work with so many people from so many different organizations.  God is alive in all them.

Today, the CMA folks have headed to Bobo for the rest of the SFR meetings.  I am staying with Peter and Kari Nehlsen tonight and subbing for Karen Wolters tomorrow.  I am looking forward to some "contact work" in the school!

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure the students like you better competitive. :)

    i sure do miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete