Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011


Update on random things going on:

1. I gave the cat away.  I got a cat when Skip and Judy left a few months ago and decided I didn’t want it any more.  I know that sounds horrible but it never stopped meowing and I'm pretty sure it was prego.  Just so you know: I made sure it went to a home that doesn’t eat cats. 

2. My toe.  I mentioned that the kickstand on my moto tried to take my toenail off.  Well this week the cut around and under the nail itself has been healing nicely but my toenail is slowly turning darker.  Robbie said his turned black and then fell off – I really hope mine doesn’t turn black and fall off.  Sick. 

3. French.  I always say it’s coming but so slowly.  Well today I can say slowly in French – lentement!  Jackie, my teacher, took me on an outing.  We walked pretty far to this leather shop and talked in French the whole way.  Then she bought me a leather change purse and dinner!  Then we walked back home.  It was one of the better French lessons I have had so far.  I also learned how to say sentences with the word “if” in it, which is “si.”  I feel like that will come in handy.

4. Youth group.  We started a new series where I pick a song and talk about it – my goal is to hit different topics such as: relationships, self image, hope, and anything else I can think of.  Yesterday was the first talk but we only had about 10 students come because of a concert for the arts at the international school – so we went to ice cream instead.  It was great!

5. 30 hour famine.  Now this is going to be awesome!  The youth group raises $1000s of dollars every year and then we give it away to feed people!  This year we are looking to feed people, possibly drill a well, fix some things that need fixed – and MORE.  If you are interested in fasting with us we will be doing that on March 11.  If you are interested in donating money for our cause – I will certainly let you know via this blog and email. 

6. Thank you for those of you who let me know you are reading my blog – I will keep updating it for you! J

No comments:

Post a Comment