Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

No more cold feet!

So I made it! 

I am currently in Burkina Faso!  How great is that? 

I am currently feeling pretty good.  I was so awake and excited to be here last night but I feel asleep instantly!  I probably could have slept all day but I forced myself awake this morning and now I am doing great! 

Impressions: well its warm and humid – not too overwhelming: in fact I wasn’t hot last night at all.  And for the first time in quite awhile my toes are not cold.  However, as soon as I start moving I realize its quite a bit warmer than at home.  Everyone here is so nice and really excited for me to be here – that makes it so fun!  I met 2 really great girls last night and they said they couldn’t wait to meet the 6-foot tall farmer!  How funny is that?  The house I'm at is really great – very industrial maybe…if that makes sense?  All the floors are tile and the walls are hard, I guess cement?  Its really neat though.  Very homey and cute and I love it!  I am staying with a girl named Sarah – she’s amazing.  So helpful and she’s just trying to help me fit in and survive.  She has a dog named Snickers and a cat named Kit Kat. 

I am 7 hours ahead of my Washington/Idaho/California/Oregon people – just so you know.  

1 comment:

  1. I was just recalling today how much i miss tile floors and cement wall buildings, nice and cool they were in the summer times and how everyone takes their shoes off at the door and throws them in a pile.
    You go 6' tall farmer knock em off their moto's.

    ReplyDelete