Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mandy's Wedding and Half Birthdays

The hardest part about being gone is missing important things back at home.  Its only been 3 weeks (today) and I have already missed a huge milestone - Mandy's wedding.  BUT I know this is where I am suppose to be - but that doesn't make missing out on things any easier.  Meh.

ALSO - Sunday was my half birthday.  I enjoy celebrating it and getting gifts (although that has never actually happened before) and I didn't even notice it was September 26 until I was writing in my journal that night. Lame.

It may sound like I had a rough weekend :) but I actually had a pretty good one despite missing the wedding and my (half) birthday.  All the C&MA churches in Ouaga met together at Central church on Sunday - so it was a huge celebration with maybe 1000 people for a 4 hour service all in French :)  I also spent some time swimming, eating ice cream on a waffle (amazing!), Sunday frisbee, and a game night with some friends.  So it was still a good weekend.

Lastly - Shout out to my grandma Dyk!  Happy Birthday last Saturday!  It was great talking to you!!  I love you a whole lot!  And I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment