Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This weekend.


This last weekend I baby-sat 5 beautiful kids.  It was a pretty crazy weekend and I walked away realizing that maybe I am not ready for instant parenthood of 5 kids.  In fact – I used to want 5 kids so I could have an entire basketball team, but now – I think max will have to be 3. 

I had to deal with the un-expected this weekend too.  Their dog was bit by a scorpion or snake or something and sadly, passed away.  Let me just tell you that telling 5 children that their pet died is one of the hardest things I have ever done – I may as well cut off their arms.  And, I am just one person – comforting 5 people who need me at the same time was nearly impossible. 

I drove home after the weekend completely exhausted – emotionally and physically.  I also drove home with some more respect for the parents who take care of their children day in and day out – I don’t know how they do it and their jobs as missionaries as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment