Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Diversity


Its Friday morning and last night was the 2nd Wired meeting of the year.  This year is going to be good – Lord willing!  It has a different feel to it than my first year.  We certainly took a hit numbers wise – with at least 10-15 people moving away there are people who are greatly missed.  But, we are all hoping and praying for a great year. 

One of our goals is to be more evangelistic and reach out more to kids who don’t normally come to youth group.  We already have maybe 5 or so new faces.  But I am finding that as we change and grow differently I am having to change and grow as well.  I was overwhelmed when I first got to Burkina a year ago by the diversity of the group – and here I am finding myself overwhelmed again with the exact same thing.  So please pray for me and the Wired team as we try and figure out how to be evangelistic, how to encourage Christian growth in MK’s who have been here for years, how to involved kids of ALL AGES (I have several 6th grade boys) and in all that not scare away anyone in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment