Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Here we go again! Yippy!


We had our first llama meeting today (student leader meeting).  Can I just tell you how excited I am to start back up with youth group?!  I have enjoyed my summer but I am looking forward to doing work that I am here to do.  It was fun doing random things in the summer but oh how I am so happy to start working with teenagers again!

We have two new llama leaders this year.  One is Madeline – her brother was a llama last year and is this year as well.  The other is Nathan – he is from the Philippines and plays piano for the music team at youth group.  I am looking forward to getting to know both of them more this year. 

The meeting itself went great.  I was encouraged by some of the goals that the students have.  Here is a short list of their goals:
-Build faith for new Christians
-Effective ministry IN the school
-Youth group more welcoming and open to everyone.
-Being more real with people
-Investing more with their friends and people they may not be good friends with
-Having prayer as a base and praying for friends as essential

They all seem excited for this year to start; it was encouraging!

Our first youth group of the year is on Thursday.  We have moved locations to they old WIRED meeting place.  My new house is not large enough for youth group.  No one is living in the house we will be meeting in so it should be a good place.  I am going to work on getting it comfortable for the teens tomorrow!

Thanks for all your prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment