Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Random things I have been doing or experiencing


The last weekend there was a goat just chilling on the international school campus.  How bizarre is that?  He was just eating grass, watching us swim, and walking around. 

Claire, an amazing angel that is our hired help, made me a calzone – I don’t normally eat those but this – this was amazing! 

I went to get some visa photos taken this morning and successfully did it in French (which by the way, I am still miserable at).  During the process I was asked by a stranger to go out to breakfast – I declined.  Also, when I walk anywhere some stranger will call me “angel” or “princess” – I think it’s the only words in English most of the guys here know.  But, who doesn’t like being called “princess?” Hmm maybe me?! 

The tractor – or the OLD vehicle I normally drive is currently in the shop so the last few days I have been driving around a Toyota Avanza – I have been feeling super spoiled driving such a nice vehicle.  It is quiet, has all its mirrors, the AC is freezing, and it has 4 doors!  Not to mention the fact that it drives GREAT! 

In the email I sent out updating people I asked prayer for me because I have been feeling homesick.  I am feeling a lot better now.  I always miss my family and friends (so basically you who are reading this) – which is understandable, I mean – not only am I thousands of miles away but I am also more than a simple phone call away.  Thanks for your prayers!

I got my couches re-covered!  I will try and post a photo soon to show you the new furniture!  I love them!

Last Friday and Monday I substitute taught at ISO.  I had a ton of fun teaching math, science, and IT – turns out I am not as bad at math as I thought…although it was 6th grade. But still – I could answer their questions!

Oh girls Bible study went great yesterday.  We talked about sin and I felt like we are starting to open up more with each other – I left feeling very encouraged. 

Pray for my awesome roommate – she has been getting migraines lately.  Also, every day I am reminded how great it is to have her around.  Not only is she just a great person but also I have someone who notices if I am gone or missing, asks me how I am doing, eats meals with me and helps pay the rent!  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!  I am LOVING living with someone!

We have had a steady group of kids coming to youth group this year – we seriously have about 25 regular students.  This is so different compared to last year.  We had about 40 kids in the youth group and every week about 25 would show up and it drastically changed who came each week.  I am liking consistency! 

And my last random fact – I am sitting in my room and trying very hard to keep my eyes open…soooo GOODNIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog! So many great stories and memories!! Glad to hear you have so many kids coming regularly to youthgroup. That's awesome!! Miss you Han!!

    ReplyDelete