Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Africa Night

The International school had an Africa Night. I accidently showed up at rehearsal earlier this week and so I assumed that it was going to be similar to a school assembly or presentation.  I saw some of the younger kids playing drums and dancing with their parents and teachers helping them.  What I actually encountered on Friday was so much more.  First off it was HUGE.  They had venders selling things and an outside stage put up.  There were not just elementary students there to perform but several intense musicians and dancers brought in to show what dance and song sounded like in the focus country: Senegal.  Also there was an African fashion show and a skit and food from all over Africa!  I had a great time trying some food from Senegal, seeing a ton of the youth, and watching some pretty awesome African dance.




Sorry that the pictures are not so great, it was dark, dusty, and I was using my little camera.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment