Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

how the heck did this happen?


I have motivation and time to explain a little bit about how this Burkina opportunity came about…so here it is:
Since I graduated in December I have been praying about the next step God would have me take.  I felt like God would let me know but I begin to do a little research to see what options were available.  I looked into Young Life international (which would be amazing), CAMA and a few other things but nothing was jumping out. 

In one day I received a few emails about the same opportunity in Burkina Faso.  So without thinking about it I applied.  After I applied I freaked out just a little because I realized I didn’t pray about it or anything – I just jumped on it!  But I was assured (thanks mom!) that this could be a door that God has opened and if he wants me to do it then it will work out.  AND it DID!  A week later I heard back from the Brokopp’s (the CMA missionaries currently in Burkina) and they told me they would love to have me come.  Now – several hoops have been jumped and things have been approved and the ball is rolling. 

Now that things are moving and I have had time to pray I will say that I am confident that this IS what God has for me – I have faith that my funds will come in, that my prayers will be answered, and my prayer support for the next two years will be strong!  

No comments:

Post a Comment