Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Am I in charge?

Prolly not.  J  Last week started with Raymond handing me the keys to the Africa House and saying that he needed me to run it.  Thankfully all that really included was being the person who locked and unlocked everything.  But never the less I was a little stressed out. 

This last week has also been a week of goodbyes.  Raymond left to fly his wife home because soon she will not be able to fly because she is pregnant.  The Swiss-German couple that has been living here with their 3 adorable girls left Thursday.  Now the house is 8 people less and extremely quiet and boring without kids around. 

Most everything is still the same.  Home schooling was good this past week.  Red Hill children’s ministry was amazing again.  The Vulnerable Children in Masi went well (although it was a little chaotic). 

A home in Red Hill

I do have 2 highlight stories for last week:

I randomly went to a dance that some Masi teens were having for the American team visiting.  I was able to see some really neat local dancing from some hard working youth!  While I was watching I was thinking that one of the young boys looked so familiar.  After the show I went and asked him what his name was.  It turns out that he was a boy that I had met when I was here last 2 years ago!  He totally remembered me!  When I was here we had a good time together talking and getting to know each other.  There was something about this young boy that drew me to him.  Now, 2 years later, I get to see him working hard to stay out of the temptation that townships have to offer and lead a dancing team.  Plus he is way taller J.  God is so Good. 

Lastly, Ritmwa and I visited a woman who has HIV/AIDS.  We prayed with her and encouraged her.  She is very sick and is not doing as well as we had hoped.  She is looking for work (like most of the people who live in the townships) and is hoping to work next week.  She seemed to be encouraged when we talked to her about her relationship with Jesus but when we asked her about her friends she started to cry.  No one visits her or even wants to be near her.  These are the people that we need to love on.  I cant help but think about the kids in schools in the states – those ones that no one likes – they need someone – the need me and you but more importantly they need to know the love that Jesus offers.

Now however my new week began and new things are happening.  For one – Raymond just got back and I'm praying that he will take the keys back J! 

Please keep me in your prayers though!  Drama at the house is seeping in and I'm hoping to escape it! 

Blessings!!

Cross on a shack in Red Hill

1 comment:

  1. the easiest way we escape drama is to learn from it and pray it gone. that's what we should do. i'll pray you learn!!

    ReplyDelete