Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Townships at night?

Tonight I went into a township when it was dark out.  This is the first time I have ever done that.  I have always been terribly against it because it is dangerous to be out in South Africa when it is nighttime.  However, All Nations has made themselves known in Red Hill.   And we had the Lords protection!  Please pray that we will continue to be protected every Wednesday night because I have joined a bible study at a Xhosa speaking ladies house!  Tonight we had a good time hearing what God has been teaching these young women and praying for one another.  Pray also that they warm up to us and feel comfortable to share, speak and be open with us.

It has been neat seeing what All Nations is doing in this area.  I was especially excited to go to this bible study because it is ran in the way that they are starting the simple house churches.  All Nations sets it up so that they teach the local people how to lead their friends in the study who then teach each other to lead as well.  It’s self-sustaining in that way.  At Simpson we have talked about how in the past church planting worked on the three self movement – self sustaining, self supporting, and self propagating (hopefully I have gotten that right!) and its neat seeing it in action J. 

This week I have been in Red Hill everyday.  On Monday we decided to join Living Hope (another local ministry) in their ministry with the children.  They put on kids clubs and feed them.  We watched on Monday and then Tuesday we helped feed the kids and tomorrow we are going to participate a bit more.  They are very thankful for the help!  And I am very excited to give it! 

So some other random information for you!  The house I am staying at is doing some remodeling.  I woke up to pounding the other morning and by mid-afternoon there were huge holes in my bedroom wall right into the kitchen!  Needless to say – we moved rooms!  They are remodeling the kitchen so that cooking can be more efficient.  However, that has left us in the dark (the lights don’t work) and without a kitchen.  Also, today, I got to see my friend Matt from my outreach with YWAM 2 years ago!  He has been living here for the past year working with YWAM in their Voice for the Voiceless ministry (the one that cousin Tim worked with).  It was really great catching up and reminiscing about when we were last together!  So great!  Lastly, I have been home schooling two children in the mornings.  It has been very good!  They are such great kids and I have enjoyed hanging out with them.  They are 6 and 9 years old. 

Well I think that is enough for now!  Sorry I do not have any photos up of what I have been doing this week!  I will hopefully take some soon!  Thanks for your continued prayers! 

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, you're basically an Afrikaner now. I'm glad to see your blogging and safely in south africa. keep on rocking AND rolling, and please do give matt some knucks for me next time you see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God use Hannah is bigger ways that she can even imagine. Keep her safe in South Africa, let her know your protection. God bless her for living out what it looks like to be a Christ follower. Keep on moving in her!...I'll keep praying. I love you Hannah Greene. A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this all sounds so amazing! What a crazy awesome God we have that can use little Hannah Greene all the way in South Africa. I love you so much. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete