Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I made it!!!! :)

Hello!

After goodbyes to friends and family, 2 flights, and no sleep I have arrived in South Africa!


This is the Fish Hoek beach which is about 10 minutes from the Africa House

I already have some amazing praises! I am first off able to be in South Africa because of you, my supporters. I want to send an incredibly huge thank you to all of you. Thank you to those of you who have sent me money – it has all came in! Thank you to those of you who have prayed for my safe travels and who are praying now. All of you have blessed my heart tremendously. I hardly have words. Thank you.

I have been here in Cape Town now for 4 whole days. It has been amazing so far! I moved into the Africa House which use to be a small school. I share a room with 2 other girls. One is an intern like me. Her name is Ritmwa and she is from Nigeria. The house has 2 families so we have 4 small girls running around. There are also a few guys here who are with All Nations and will be leaving in the next few weeks on outreach. Usually the house is very full but most of the others left a week ago for their outreach.


The Africa House! I feel very spoiled to live in such a beautiful place!

I am starting to learn what I will be doing here which is good because I spent 2 days wondering! There are two townships that I will be working in. The first one is Masiphumelele, which I worked in when I was here last in 2007. The second township is Red Hill, which is much smaller and on a mountainside. In these townships I will meet people, work with Kids Clubs and youth gatherings, and see how All Nations ministers in their house church planting ministry. In the mornings I will be watching some kids and working in the All Nations office.

This is Christianne and Ritmwa. I will be working with them while I am here.

It has been neat coming here and getting to know everyone. I have already made some wonderful friends. I am also noticing that I am talking different! I am pronouncing my “T’s” more so that all of my friends here can understand me! This is because every person I have worked with besides just one speaks a different first language! And in Africa the English is pronounced different. I am starting to wonder if I will talk this way when I return! You all can let me know.

My first official week starts on Monday so I will be sure to update you on what I end up doing and how it goes! Thank you for checking in and making sure that everything is well with me! If you would like to pray please pray that I figure out transportation (I may have to rent a car) and that my relationships with the people who work with All Nations and the people I meet outside of All Nations may grow deeper.

5 comments:

  1. Hannah-I'm so glad to hear that you made it all the way there safely. I miss you so much already! I think about you alot and am praying for you always. I'm so excited for you to be on this adventure in your life. Keep the updates coming friend. And when all else fails...just dance! ~Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Greene.
    I'm so glad to hear all of these things. I feel like as I read them I already knew, isn't that odd?! Whatev, maybe the Lord is just keeping you save and learning like I have been asking him! :) I miss you and am praying and can't wait to hear some more stories. LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Green Bean! Your people sent my people your blog site. Now we can keep up with you and where the Lord takes you in the world! We will lift you up in prayer and look forward to hearing about your ministry in South Africa.
    Anna's birthday is Thursday... May 14th, so we will probably Skype her in Cambodia.
    God's blessing be upon you and those you touch with your life. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah dear,
    Greetings!

    Gr8 2 know u've such supportive chains of network back home - backing u up prayerfully and financially, etc.

    Above all, the good LORD who's brought u safely 2 Africa 'for such a time as dis'... - will both keep u 2rout d duration of ur mission in Africa.

    Remain a blessing, my sister!

    Best regards,

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete