Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

One school year almost done...wow


I just posted the email that I sent out from earlier this week that should be informative :)

So this week I have been recovering from the 30 Hour Famine!  It was intense being in charge of all that – so I am glad to be done with it.  I do just need the rest of the money wired here from the States so that I can pay the last few people – so hopefully that will all come in this next week!

Youth group this week went great – but Thursday was VERY hot and so I think that everyone in town was using their AC’s - So around 5:30 all the electricity in town went out :( I stayed up beat but was frustrated that again, 20+ teenagers were coming to my house and I had no electricity!  Thankfully we were able to play games outside and by 7:30 the power came back on!  The rest of youth group went great! 

Things here are certainly winding down – I only have 2 youth groups left.  One will be short too because there is a school event before it.  Next weekend is the end of the year banquet – which will be the last event with all the youth because when school gets out a few weeks later a ton of the kids are leaving.  A week after school gets out is the WIRED retreat – June 15-17.  We certainly have some fun things to look forward too! 

Also, after the retreat I will be moving into a new house! 

AND AFTER THAT….I am coming home for a visit!!!! Yippy!!!! 

Also, it rained so hard last night – I couldn’t drive until it was over because the windshield wipers on my car don’t work – but it was totally worth waiting because the rain was so hard and so cold!  It was amazing!  Sadly, its hot again…

Today should be an interesting day – I have a girl in my youth group who comes from a partly Jewish family so tonight I am going over to her house to celebrate Passover.  I am so excited for this learning experience.  Also, it’s a pretty funny situation because they had to postpone Passover due to the rioting in Ouaga during the actual Passover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment